School Visits and Workshops
I love to visit schools and share a passion for writing, nature, project based learning, creativity and student activism. I am available to lead workshops on:
- Writing for Change: using your creativity to better the world (for teens and intergenerational audiences)
- Tell Your Science Story: a workshop to inspire kids to observe, describe, and share information about the natural world around them.
- Using Picture Books to Ignite Project Based Learning: for educators interested in using picture books as an entry event into creating exciting projects
- Your idea. I would love to collaborate around your students or schools needs.
Resources for Teachers
- A teachers guide to using The Order of the Trees as a springboard for project based learning.
- An Educators Guide to Salamander Sky loaded with ways to use the book in your classroom (freshly published!)
- Here is a website devoted to using Salamander Sky as a springboard for project based learning.
- Many posts on project based learning and more at UVM’s Tarrant Institute for Innovative Education: a blog for teachers