Katy Farber is an educator, author, and blogger from Vermont. She writes about education, parenting, the environment and sustainability for various websites and publications. Read on to find out more about her work.
- The Order of the Trees by Green Writers Press in 2015
- Why Great Teachers Quit and How we Might Stop the Exodus by Corwin Press in 2010
- Change the World with Service Learning by Rowman Littlefield Press in 2011
- Founder and Editor of Non-Toxic Kids in 2007
- Blogger for Mightynest from 2009-2011
- For the Green Child magazine
- For Seen magazine
- For the Moms Clean Air Force
- For CNN
- For MomsRising
- For Educational Leadership
- For Fox News Opinion
- For Edutopia
- And many other educational blogs and websites
- Non-Toxic Kids Facebook page has over 9,000 active members
- @non_toxic_kids on Twitter has over 10,300 followers and growing daily
- Non-Toxic Kids has over 45,000 page views each month and growing
- Katy enages daily with readers, activists, parents, and bloggers about children’s health issues and education.
- She has testified at the Vermont legislature help pass a lead in consumer products bill.
- She also participated in a body burden study of Vermonters and has been an activist about toy safety and the harmful chemicals in everyday products.
- She has presented at national and state education conferences.
- She has been interviewed for numerous radio programs about education, parenting, and healthy living.
- The Order of the Trees received The Nature Generation Honor Book Award for 2015
- Vermont Teacher of the Year Alternate, 2014
- Earthwatch Educational Fellowship Awardee, 2006
- Why Great Teachers Quit nominated for Prose Award, 2011
Please visit the press page to learn more. For more information about her books, or to schedule an interview or presentation, please contact Katy at katyfarber (at) gmail.com.