Katy Farber is a teacher, author, blogger from Vermont. She’s currently a teacher in Central Vermont and writes about education, parenting, the environment and sustainability for various websites and publications. Read on to find out more about her work.
- Why Great Teachers Quit and How we Might Stop the Exodus by Corwin Press in 2010
- Change the World with Service Learning by Rowman Littlefield Press in 2010
- Eat Non-Toxic: a manual for busy parents
- Founder and Editor of Non-Toxic Kids in 2007
- Blogger for Mightynest from 2009-2011
- Eco-Child’s Play blogger 2007-2009
- For Hip Mama magazine
- For the Green Child magazine
- For Seen magazine
- For the Moms Clean Air Force
- For CNN
- For MomsRising
- For Educational Leadership
- For Fox News Opinion
- Katy and Non-Toxic Kids have been featured in The Washington Post, the Richmond Times Dispatch, The Associated Press, USA Today, the Toronto Star, Enviroblog, Terrain Magazine, the Huffington Post and on many green and educational blogs and websites.
- And many other educational blogs and websites
- Non-Toxic Kids Facebook page has over 8,000 active members
- @non_toxic_kids on Twitter has over 7,000 followers and growing daily
- Non-Toxic Kids has over 45,000 page views each month and growing
- Katy enages daily with readers, activists, parents, and bloggers about children’s health issues and is part of the Green Moms Carnival, and several other environmental online groups and coalition
- She has testified at the Vermont legislature help pass a lead in consumer products bill.
- She also participated in a body burden study of Vermonters and has been an activist about toy safety and the harmful chemicals in everyday products.
- She writes for the Moms Clean Air Force and advocates for better protections of our right to clean air
- She is an online activist—writing about environmental issues on her blog and linking to specific and clear actions for busy parents, with results
speaking and interviews
- She was selected to be part of the In Women We Trust’s speaker’s bureau of change makers and thought leaders.
- She has spoken at national and state education conferences
- She has been interviewed for numerous radio programs about education, parenting, and healthy living
- Katy frequently guest posts at other blogs and websites. Her posts have appeared at Problogger, MotherTalkers, Dr. Greene’s Perspective Blog, Green Talk, The Soft Landing, the Environmental Working Group, and many others.
graduate level and elementary school teaching
- Katy teachers graduate level education courses in service learning
- She is currently a sixth grade teacher in Vermont
- Earthwatch Educational Fellowship Awardee
- Wellsphere Top 100 Health Bloggers
- Babble’s Top 100 Parenting Blogger
- GoodGuide Featured Mother
- Why Great Teachers Quit nominated for Prose Award
- Invited Guest Blogger at Dr. Greene’s blog
- Top 25 Eco-Friendly Moms
Katy is available for interviews and pubic speaking engagements to talk about teacher sustainability, green living, environmental issues, blogging, and the need for chemical reform. She is available for writing projects and social media support for environmental, health, and feminist non-profits and green small businesses.
Katy has appeared in numerous radio interviews about her books, and has written many articles for magazines and websites. Please visit the press page to learn more. Katy is available for interviews and pubic speaking engagements to talk about teacher sustainability, green living, environmental issues, blogging, and the need for chemical reform. She is available for writing projects and social media support for environmental, health, and feminist non-profits and green small businesses. For more information about her books, or to schedule an interview or presentation, please contact Katy at farbud (at) comcast (dot) net.